Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Stages of a Project

In one of the Bibles I use, there's a note attached to the first page of Mark's gospel. Most of my books I have notes, sticky arrows and marginal jottings in them. It's rare for me not to refer to sources of ideas, but in this case, there's nothing to indicate where I got the contents of the note. That's annoying. I don't remember why or when I wrote it: it could have been anytime in the last ten years. Even so, while I can't cite the source of the material, it's worth repeating here. I've been thinking about it for the last two days as I read Mark and started to make notes for our session on Thursday night.
Most projects go through six stages:
1. Enthusiasm
2. Disillusionment
3. Panic
4. Search for the guilty
5. Punishment of the innocent
6. Praise and reward for the non-participants

In what ways does Jesus' project follow these stages?


--Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment